If you are missing a tooth or multiple teeth, dental implants may be for you! Dental implants have been used in dentistry for 40 years. They provide a permanent solution to missing teeth, thereby enabling you to chew food and restore your confidence again!
Dental implants can improve your smile, your self-confidence – and your health! Dental implants are a method of replacing missing teeth, in which titanium posts are surgically fused with your jawbone beneath the gum line, allowing replacement teeth or a bridge to be mounted. With dental implants, the teeth adjacent to the missing teeth remain untouched, which eliminates unnecessary disturbance to the teeth it is next to, and the potential need for costly and excruciating root canals. Dental implants are for single or multiple tooth replacement and are an alternative to dentures.
If you are thinking of dental implants here are some advantages and disadvantages to consider:
The many advantages of dental implants
- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Dental implants improve comfort and convenience.
- Dental implants are durable and will last a lifetime.
- Dental implants improve appearance.
- Dental implants improve self-esteem.
- Dental implants improve oral hygiene.
Some disadvantages of dental implants
- Dental implants are an expensive investment.
- Dental implants require tooth implant surgery.
- Dental implants require local anesthesia.
- Dental implants require multiple visits to the dentist.
When looking for a doctor who performs dental implants, experience matters. Dr. Lee has placed over hundreds of dental implants since opening her practice in 1994. Her experience in full-service implant dentistry surgery is widely recognized. Kingston Family Cosmetic Dental Center provides excellent services using the most advanced technology to give you the best experience getting dental implants and the brightest smile. Every treatment and patient is different, and we will provide you with options that will fit your needs. Come visit our staff! If you are ready to reestablish your smile self-esteem and share your smile with those around you, give us a call today to schedule an appointment to discuss if dental implants are right for you.